The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you." ~ B.B. King
Join us in celebrating our newest giving initiative with the Kutemwa Foundation. The Kutemwa Foundation, alleviates the cost of schooling for young children in Lusaka, Zambia, by providing funding for required school supplies. Additionally, many children with whom they support are vulnerable to not being able to continue education or are orphans and must receive supplemental financial support to attend school.
Since schools in Zambia work on a trimester schedule, there are three points during the year they look provide funding for school supplies including books, pencils, paper and more to the tune of $6-7 per child.
Additionally, when the school year starts many children do not have the means to pay for tuition or school uniforms. And while this is only Kutemwa Foundation's first year of operation, they are working to collect livelihood gifts to bless children with for the coming year (i.e., soap, toothbrushes, etc).
How your purchase helps: Your purchase provides a child with required school supplies for an entire trimester. Additional funding from this Giving Initiative will provide tuition for students who need the supplemental support.
Connect with Kutemwa Foundation directly here, Facebook, & Instagram.
If you live in the United States, you know today is Independence Day. If you live outside of the USA, think lots of hotdog and hamburger grilling, potato salad buying, beer drinking, and camaraderie. The "independence" part of Independent Day got us thinking about ways to see beautiful. How can you give yourself time for your self? That led us to our nifty "50 ways to celebrate your independence"...and see beautiful in each.
1. Take a leisurely stroll around your neighborhood.
2. Find, purchase, and read a book you've been hearing about and wishing you could read.
3. Enjoy a bath with the book you just purchased.
4. Drive your car with no radio to give your mind a chance to relax (obviously not relaxing to the extent you're not paying attention to the road).
5. Explore your front or back yard or surrounding environment for new things.
6. Volunteer anywhere...though we have a few ideas below.
7. Write in a journal.
8. Linger on See Beautiful's new website: www.seebeautiful.com (sorry, we couldn't help it).
9. Go to a movie you've been wanting to see all by yourself.
10. Indulge in snacks at the movie theater.
11. Do a crossword puzzle.
12. Go to a yoga class. Hot yoga is REALLY relaxing.
13. Lay on the floor in your bedroom to stretch your back.
14. Visit a local park.
15. Lay in the grass at the local park.
16. Feed the ducks at the local park.
17. Visit a National Park.
18. Go hiking.
19. Enjoy a picnic.
20. Stop at a neighborhood lemonade stand.
21. Take your camera with you and snap photos of beautiful things you see.
22. Take a dog on a walk at your local dog shelter.
22. Buy yourself flowers.
23. Give yourself a manicure and pedicure.
24. Leave flowers on a friend's doorstep.
25. Plant a garden.
26. Make a meal from scratch.
27. Follow a family recipe from scratch.
28. Go to breakfast, lunch, or dinner by yourself.
29. Treat yourself to a massage.
30. Ride a bike.
31. Get streamers, a horn, a basket and flag for your bike.
32. Partake in a local 5k.
33. Over tip and enjoy your servers reaction.
34. Drink a cold glass of homemade iced tea or lemonade.
35. Put cucumber in your water for a refreshing glass of water.
36. Volunteer at your local food bank.
37. Rearrange your furniture.
38. Eat the veggies from your garden.
39. Drink a cold, cold beer.
40. Visit your local library.
41. Eat fresh watermelon, blueberries, strawberries...really any fruit in season.
42. Visit a local Farmer's Market.
43. Wander around the Farmer's Market and enjoy the scene.
44. Buy something eco-friendly for yourself!
45. Re-read your favorite blog post on this blog. :)
46. Do a handstand.
47. Dance while no one or everyone is watching. Who cares?
48. Send us the reason you're beautiful @ firstname.lastname@example.org
49. Eat an icecream sundae.
50. Sleep in.
Author: Lydia Criss Mays
Founder & CEO, See Beautiful
See beautiful in yourself.